Spring into Birding
March break family fun!
Registration for this event is now full. Join our email list to be notified about future events.
Enjoy a guided birding hike to learn about the birds of Scanlon Creek and connect with nature through the joys of birdwatching. Earn stamps in a keepsake passport as you take a Storywalk, visit self-guided stations to see amazing bird artifacts, make a birdfeeder, hand-feed chickadees and more.
It's fun! It's free! How many birds will you see?
Saturday March 12th, 2022, Rain-date (Sunday March 13th)
9:30am to 12:30pmScanlon Creek Conservation Area
Open to all ages!
Free - there is no cost to attend!
- Learn all about birding! How to observe, identify, count and record your findings.
- Be amazed and see up-close bird artifacts like skulls, feathers and eggs.
- Watch the pages comes alive as you enjoy a Storywalk while travelling down one of our beautiful trails.
- Meet and hand-feed the friendly chickadees at Scanlon Creek.
- Make your very own birdfeeder to take home.
- Use your senses to make your very own bird sound map.
- Register now to enter for your chance to win a $50 gift card to Wild Birds Unlimited. Must register and attend to be entered into draw. Draw will take place on March 12, 2022 at 12:00pm.
- This is an entirely outdoor event. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Guided hiking distance is approximately 1.5km. Hikes are best suited to people in moderate physical condition. Re-useable water bottles and supportive footwear with rugged soles are strongly recommended.
- Trail conditions in the spring may vary from icy to muddy. Due to this, strollers and wagons are not recommended.
- This program is open to children, youth, adults and seniors of all ages.