Family at Play
Looking for some fun activities to do with your whole family? Look no further - everyone in your family will enjoy these simple, nature-based activities that are easily adapted to suit your child's age and abilities. Guaranteed fun for everyone!
Find Me Cards
Two ways to play:
- Give each player a card and see who can be the fastest to find something that matches. Increase the difficulty by increasing the number of cards to match for each round (ex: give each player 4 cards and they need to find one object for each card)
- Give each player 2 cards, the first person to find an object that matches both cards wins!
- Shuffle the cards, and flip them over. The first person to find an object to match the top card wins!
- Lay out 5 cards in a line and work together to find one item to match each card!
- Place the card pile on the ground. Allow each player to grab a card and find a match, and continue until each card has been used. Can you find 2 items for each card?
It's time for Math Sticks! Check out this easy math activity, perfect for kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 2 students.
Step 1 - Measure your sticks
Step 2 - Shave the tips (use a veggie peeler & ask your parents for help)
Step 3 - Colour the tips
Step 4 - Math time!
Looking for something for grade 3 students? Give Flash Math a try!
Print and Play