Trail Maps and Upcoming Closures
Planning to visit one of our Conservation Areas? Plan your trip by downloading the PDF or mobile map you'll need during your visit and take a look at any upcoming service disruptions.
Please follow all park rules during your visit and remember that amenities, such as washrooms and pavilions, remain closed at this time.
Durham Regional Forest
Every year we do our part to ensure healthy forests are growing. How? By actively managing them.
Forest management activities include making room for new species of different ages by removing (harvesting or thinning) some of the pines initially planted. While we are working in the forest, please stay away from all areas that are off-limits and follow the posted signs.
The following tracts at Durham Regional Forest will be closed:
- Main Tract (select trails) – December 21 to January 22, 2021
Find out more about the closure at Durham Regional Forest.
Smartphone maps are now available for:
Simply download the app on your smartphone and use it when you visit. It’s that easy! Once the map is downloaded, you won’t have to use your data when you hit the trails.
How to use Avenza:
- Download the Avenza app on your mobile phone.
- Open the app (when prompted, consider allowing Avenza to access your location for optimal use).
- Create an account (or click the small white X in the top right corner to skip this step).
- Tap the
Store button on the bottom of the page.
- Click on the
search bar at the top of the page.
- In the location box, choose “Current Location" if you are looking for conservation areas that are closest to you, or change to “Any Location" to see all our available maps.
- In the
Keywords box type in LSRCA, then click search.
- When you find the map you are looking for, tap the “Free" button, then tap again on “Download?" This will add the desired map to your app.
- Click on
My Maps (bottom left icon), select your map and hit the trails! Once you install your map, you no longer need access to data.