Know before you go
- Conservation Areas are open to the public from dawn until dusk, 365 days per year
- Parking fees are in effect at Scanlon Creek and Whitchurch Conservation Areas. Arrive and enjoy your visit by paying before you go!
- Visitors entering the conservation area by use of active transportation (walking, biking, jogging, running, cycling, in-line skating, skateboarding, non-mechanized wheel chairing, skiing and snowshoeing) are not required to pay the parking fee
- Camping is only permitted with a permit
- ATVs or motorized vehicles are not permitted
- Fires are prohibited, except in designated areas by permit
Enjoy your visit
- For your safety, please stay on the marked trails
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times, unless in the designated Off-Leash Park at Scanlon Creek
- Please stoop and scoop and pick up after your pet
- Enjoy a picnic, but please remember, alcohol is not permitted on any of our properties
- Please put all garbage in the garbage bins provided or take it home with you
- If you ride a bike in a conservation area, be sure to yield to hikers and horseback riders; hikers be sure to yield to horseback riders too!
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye out for noxious weeds like giant hogweed, wild parsnip, cow parsnip and poison ivy
- Please follow any specific on-site signage, especially as it relates to staying out of certain project areas. When we undertake a restoration project, there may be equipment or changes in terrain that may be dangerous to you, and the plants and animal habitat that we are restoring need time and space to grow and get re-established properly
- It is illegal to pick or remove vegetation of any kind, including live or dead branches, plants, soil, rocks or other natural items. If you see anyone picking plants or removing any resources from our Conservation Areas, please contact us at 1-800-465-0437
Back at home
- Make a tick check part of your “outdoors” routine, don’t forget to check your pets too
- Leave a review – call, write or get on social media to share your stories and photos with us. We love seeing wildlife sightings!
If you have any questions about our park rules, please contact our Conservation Lands team at 905-895-1281 or info@LSRCA.on.ca