Scanlon Creek Bark Park
We're thrilled to welcome you and your four-legged friends to the Scanlon Creek Bark Park. Please follow all park rules during your visit.
Free Parking Extended
Great News! We're extending free parking at the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. In lieu of parking fees, we're asking park goers to continue to give through our TipTap fundraiser each time they visit. TipTap Pay is an easy way to give $5, $10 or $20 to help us care for and improve the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. When you see a tip tap sign, be sure to tap your phone or card - it's a simple way to donate and help care for our greenspace. Donations go directly to the Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation. Thank you for donating to a healthier Lake Simcoe watershed.
Please be aware that we are unable to sanitize any touch points at the Bark Park. Sanitization is the responsibility of visitors - please be prepared to wash your hands before and after your visit, and use hand sanitizer as needed.
Please remove all pet waste and litter after your visit. Remember to bring water bowls home with you.
Frequent visitor? Learn more about the perks of an Annual Pass and get unlimited access to nature, free parking, the Bark Park and more.
We dare you to find a nicer dog park out there.
Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. Entrance located at 3281 Yonge Street, also known as County Road 4, 5 minutes north of downtown Bradford.
Don’t be misled by the forested path off the parking lot, that’s just the beginning.
1 minute on the path and you get to the gate. Beyond it are 3 generous acres all for you and your pup. Double-gated and fully fenced in. A smaller grassy area is separated out for smaller dogs.
The rest is expansive! Various pockets of shrubby areas for the curious canines to play
Rows of trees, big and small, for the meandering mutts.
Plenty of open grassy space in the middle for fetch and tricks.
Treat the perimeter like a trail and get a walk in for yourself. Lots of benches to rest too.
How to Enjoy the Bark Park
- Bark Park open daily from dawn until dusk, 365 days a year (except during maintenance periods, usually in early spring for the natural regeneration)
- It is your responsibility to pick up your dog’s waste and dispose of it in the receptacles provided
- Dangerous dogs (Ontario Dog Owners’ Liability Act), must be leashed and muzzled at all times.
- Dog park users and dog owners assume all risks while in Scanlon Creek Bark Park.
- Dog tags must show that vaccinations and dog licenses are up to date.
- Children are to be closely supervised by an adult.
- No food (this applies to human and canine food items), or dog toys are allowed.
- No choke, spike, chain, pinch collars and head halters allowed.
- No one may be responsible for more than 3 dogs at one time.
- No unneutered, sick or aggressive dogs.
- Scanlon Creek Bark Park is a smoke-free area.
- No puppies under six months allowed.
Aggressive dog behaviour is not tolerated at the Scanlon Creek Bark Park.
If you would like to report an incident, please call Bradford West Gwillimbury Animal Services: 905-775-5366 x 1702. Service available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.