Scanlon Creek Conservation Area
Scanlon Creek Conservation Area is a hikers’ haven, a picnicking paradise, a birder’s delight and a photographer’s dream. Explore forests, marshlands, and glacial erratics, enjoy spring wildflowers, or the vibrant fall leaves and see plenty of birds and other wildlife as you hike the expansive trail system covering most of the 300 hectare park.
Serving both environmental and recreational needs, the park is a nature preserve for flora and fauna and home to a Bark Park for our canine friends. During the summer, picnicking is fun and easy under our covered pavilions - perfect for family reunions, company events and camp-outs. Don't forget to visit the Discovery Play Garden - a popular playground for young and the young-at-heart. Scanlon Creek is a place to spend a few hours or an entire day!
Need some help finding your way?
Smartphone maps are now available
Did you know you can now access the Scanlon Creek maps using the free Avenza App?
Simply download the app on your smartphone and use it when you visit. It’s that easy! Once the map is downloaded, you won’t have to use your data when you hit the trails.
Use your device's built-in GPS to track your location on any map, plot locations and photos, measure distance and area, and more.
How to Use Avenza
- Download the Avenza app on your mobile phone.
- Create an account (or click the small white x in the top right corner to skip this step!)
- Tap the store button.
- Click the “Find Maps" search bar. Search the name of the property you're looking for and select the map.
- Click "free" and then click "install now".
- Go to My Maps.
- Select your map and hit the trails. Once you install your map, you no longer need access to data.
Our maps may change over time! To ensure you have the latest download, join our email list. We'll send you an email when we release a new version of the map.