Durham Regional Forest
The Durham Regional Forest Main Tract is comprised of plantation forests established over 90 years ago, as well as mixed hardwood areas.
This forest encompasses a 596 hectare area that is located at the top of the Oak Ridges Moraine, in the Town of Uxbridge, and is renowned for its excellent cross-country skiing, mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding.
More than 16 kilometres of trails in four marked loops and numerous secondary trails throughout the main tract. Contributes to regional and national trail networks.
Notice to Visitors - Temporary Trail Closures
For the safety of our visitors, we will be conducting tree removals at the Main Tract Parking Lot at Durham Regional Forest from October 13 to 16 and October 26 to 29. There may be temporary, localized trail closures as we remove hazard trees and widen the parking area. Trail closures around the work areas will be clearly marked and alternate routes will be available.
All trails will be open to visitors but there may be temporary, localized closures for a few minutes at a time.
Alternate parking options:
- Opposite of the Durham Forest gate at 718 Houston Road sign for East Duffins Headwaters: East Walker Woods Trailhead
- Durham Forest gate at 796 Houston Road off of Lakeridge Road Durham Regional Road #23
We're thrilled to welcome you back to Durham Regional Forest!
Please follow all park rules during your visit and remember that amenities, such as washrooms and pavilions, remain closed at this time.
- No parking? Visit another area. Absolutely no parking outside of designated spots.
- Parking is limited to 3 hours maximum.
- No tailgating permitted.
Changes to Main Tract Routes
Please note there are significant changes to trail routes at the Main Tract!
- Single tracks are now one-way. Travel counter clockwise. This applies to all users, including hikers and joggers.
- Double tracks are two-way. Please practice physical distancing while passing.
- Slower riders - please yield when safe.
These measures are temporary. Your cooperation keeps this forest open.
Need some help finding your way?
Smartphone maps are now available
you know you can now access the Durham Regional Forest maps using the free Avenza App?
Simply download the app on your smartphone and use it when you visit. It’s that easy! Once the map is downloaded, you won’t have to use your data when you hit the trails.
Use your device's built-in GPS to track your location on any map, plot locations and photos, measure distance and area, and more.
How to Use Avenza
- Download the Avenza app on your mobile phone.
- Create an account (or click the small white x in the top right corner to skip this step!)
- Tap the store button.
- Click the “Find Maps" search bar. Search for LSRCA and select the map.
- Click install.
- Go to My Maps.
- Select your map and hit the trails. Once you install your map, you no longer need access to data.
Our maps may change over time! To ensure you have the latest download, join our email list. We'll send you an email when we release a new version of the map.