Conservation Areas Open
We're thrilled to welcome you back to our Conservation Areas!
follow all park rules during your visit and remember that amenities, such as washrooms and pavilions, remain closed at this time.
Conservation Areas that have reopened include Beaver River Wetland, Rogers Reservoir, Scanlon Creek, Sheppard's Bush, Thornton Bales and Durham Regional Forest.
Find a Conservation Area near you!
Safety Rules and Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines have been implemented for
your safety. Please do your part so we can do ours:
- Given the lack of facilities, plan a visit that is short in duration – remember, washrooms remain closed.
- Park in dedicated areas only - please only park if you can find an appropriate spot that does not block access points, gates or other vehicles. If no parking spots are available, please go to another greenspace.
- Parking is complimentary while amenities are limited.
- Visit with members of your household only. Avoid gatherings.
- While on the trails, maintain physical distancing of 2m/6ft from others.
- Stay on trail unless you need to briefly step off to ensure physical distancing.
- Take home all litter, including pet waste.
- Dogs-on-leash is always the rule at all our Conservation Areas.
- Make a
tick check part of your routine and don’t forget to check your pets too.
Questions or comments? Please contact our Dan Andrews, Land & Resources Planning Technician, at D.Andrews@LSRCA.on.ca.