Scanlon Creek Conservation Area
We're thrilled to welcome you back to Scanlon Creek after our
Please follow all park rules during your visit and remember that washrooms and pavilions remain closed at this time. The
Bark Park is also open now. Parking is complimentary while amenities are limited.
About Scanlon Creek
Scanlon Creek Conservation Area is a hikers’ haven, a picnicking paradise, a
birder’s delight and a photographer’s dream. Explore forests, marshlands, and glacial erratics, enjoy spring wildflowers, or the vibrant fall leaves and see plenty of birds and other wildlife as you hike the expansive trail system covering most of the 300 hectare park.
Serving both environmental and recreational needs, the park is a nature preserve for flora and fauna and home to a
Bark Park for our canine friends.
Need some help finding your way?
Smartphone maps are now available
Did you know you can now access the Scanlon Creek maps using the free Avenza App?
Simply download the app on your smartphone and use it when you visit. It’s that easy! Once the map is downloaded, you won’t have to use your data when you hit the trails.
Use your device's built-in GPS to track your location on any map, plot locations and photos, measure distance and area, and more.
How to Use Avenza
- Download the Avenza app on your mobile phone.
- Create an account (or click the small white x in the top right corner to skip this step!)
- Tap the store button.
- Click the “Find Maps" search bar. Search the name of the property you're looking for and select the map.
- Click "free" and then click "install now".
- Go to My Maps.
- Select your map and hit the trails. Once you install your map, you no longer need access to data.
Our maps may change over time! To ensure you have the latest download, join our email list. We'll send you an email when we release a new version of the map.