An orienteering adventure
Boost your health and overall well-being by getting active outdoors and spending more time in nature! Explore
Scanlon Creek by navigating across trails and various terrain, searching for hidden symbols and competing against others or the clock.
A fun outdoor experience where you will see cool habitats and amazing wildlife while also learning about the natural environment (you’ll learn about maps and how to use the Avenza map software too!)
Take a walk on the trail side and enjoy this adventure only available at the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. Challenge your friends, your siblings or even your parents in an activity that is fun together and apart.
Who is this activity for?
- Families with children 8+
- Small Groups
How long will this experience take to complete?
- The course is between 3 to 5 km and will take 1-3 hours to complete depending on your pace.
What equipment will I need?
- Access to Smart device (tablet, or phone)
- Access to Google Classroom – link will be provided
- Printer (optional to print out resources)
How does it work?
This is an interactive, self-guided experience only available at the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. Using a digital PDF or a printed map as your guide, you will look for purple symbols found on various items (signs, wood posts, rocks and other features) within the property, and record the symbol found at each location on your game card. Each location on the map represents one purple symbol.
Once registration and payment are received, you will receive a Google Classroom link to all program materials required to participate in this program, including:
- Instructional videos
- Google Slides
- PDFs you can access with your smart phone
- Optional printable resources
What is the cost of this experience?
- $25 per download (HST included)
For more information, contact Trevor at
- Watch instructional video prior to starting your adventure. Remember to print out your game card too.
- Must be booked in advance. Available only during July and August (access expires August 28).
- Access to limited additional resources.