Learn at Home
Keep up with your child's learning with these free at home lessons. They won't fall behind with these nature-based activities that are grade-specific and curriculum connected. Help your child continue with their studies and meet their individual learning goals.
Nature MathAddition and Subtraction to 100
Grades: 2-3 (or any age who wants
extra practice in addition and subtraction)
This print-and-go package is designed to engage kids in their math learning as they work through several nature themed challenges. The challenges are focused on addition and subtraction skills, but also include practice in data, graphing and problem solving.
Multiplication and Division
Grades: 3 - 4
This package has multiplication and division problems (with products up to 144.) The questions and challenges are designed to reinforce basic multiplication and division concepts in an engaging way that also allows students to make connections between math and nature.
Grades: 1 - 4
Subjects: Science, Math, Visual Art
plants absorb water and help to filter runoff before it flows into local streams,
creeks, rivers and ultimately Lake Simcoe. These wildflowers also provide environmental benefits
for bees, butterflies, birds, mammals and insects since they are better adapted to local environments and conditions.
As part of this program, you'll learn how habitat, watersheds and human health are connected. You'll also learn about the value and function of natural ecosystems and the vast benefits of these natural areas.
Images in Nature
Subjects: Visual Art
and acquire the
skills needed to create a beautiful work of photographic art! Download the Images in Nature presentation and learn some easy to use photography techniques like: framing, the rule of thirds, macro mode or texture, to help capture the perfect shot!
- Use your IPad, digital camera, phone or even your parents old school film camera, and get outside and look at the world, in a new way!
- Investigate your backyard or take a stroll down your street.
- See our beautiful world from new perspectives, like a bug's eye view or bird's eye view.
- Print your photos in black and white and add your own colour, to whatever parts you want.
- Show us your work by submitting your own photos using the hashtag #learningwithlsrca.