Accessibility and Privacy
We’re committed to providing a welcoming, safe, barrier-free and accessible environment for all of our community members.
As an organization, we’re responsible to meet the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The purpose of this Act is to improve opportunities for people with disabilities by identifying, preventing and removing barriers that may otherwise limit their abilities to fully participate in society.
Read more about our accessibility policy
Freedom of Information
Under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) you have the right to request access to records held by government organizations in accordance with the following principles:
- Information should be made available to the public
- Individuals should have access to their own personal information
- Exceptions to access should be limited and specific
- The privacy of individuals with respect to the personal information that government organization collect and maintain shall be protected
- Decisions on the disclosure of government information may be reviewed by the Information and Privacy Commissioner
Find out more about how to make a freedom of information request and what records you may be able to access.
Collection of Personal Information (CCTV)
We have a number of cameras installed both outside and inside the Mabel Davis location at 120 Bayview Parkway in Newmarket.
Video surveillance records are only for the following reasons:
- Detecting, deterring, and investigating unlawful activity, which includes possible contraventions of any federal or provincial law, or municipal by-laws
- Investigating and resolving personal injury, damage to assets, and other legal claims
- Investigating and resolving public complaints received by LSRCA, including requests made through the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Read our CCTV policy