We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority

Skip Navigation LinksLake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority > Planning-Development-FAQs

​​​​​​​Planning and Development

​Changes during COVID-19

As you may be aware, our team has been working remotely since March 17, 2020. We are available via email, video or voice conference using Microsoft Teams or ZOOM. Please reach out to your planning or regulations contact by email about your file.

General inquiries can be sent to:

Planning: Jessica Lim J.lim@lsrca.on.ca

Regulations: regulations@LSR​CA.on.ca​​

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Who do I contact for planning general inquiries? General inquiries for planning can be sent to Jessica Lim at J.lim@lsrca.on.ca. She would be happy to connect you with the appropriate staff member.​

  2. Who do I contact for regulations general inquiries? General inquiries for Regulations can be sent to regulations@​LSRCA.on.ca​​. Our staff will connect you with the appropriate staff member to address your inquiry.

  3. Can I apply for a permit while the office is closed? Yes! Our Environmental Regulations Analysts are working remotely. We are also issuing permits digitally to ensure continued service. Please submit your permit application digitally.​

  4. Can I make a planning application or resubmission? Planning applications should be made through your municipality. If your municipality prefers that you submit directly, or if you are providing a re-submission, please provide a digital submission to your Planning contact as well as e.dias@LSRC​A.on.ca​​​​​. Please copy all review agencies directly when you are resubmitting changes to an application to ensure that each agency is reviewing the same information.

  5. How can I make a fee payment while the office is closed? As we are unable to process applications without the applicable review fee, we are providing a number of payment options to ensure that our services are not delayed.

    • Cheque​ - Cheques may be sent via post, courier or to our locked drop box at 120 Bayview Parkway, Newmarket. Please include a covering memo detailing what application the payment is for (i.e. application number, site address, applicant)
    • Credit Card - If you wish to pay via Credit Card, please notify your Planning and Development Services staff contact and we will arrange for a staff member to contact you to process your payment.
    • Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit) - Please forward EFT enrollment forms / request to Finance@LSRCA.on.ca. Our staff will complete the form and return to you so that the transfer may occur.

  6. Are staff available for site meetings or inspections? We are now open for site visits and various forms of site review such as site photos, videos, or drone fly-over imagery if available and provided by the applicant. We also have aerial imagery that staff can access to help assess a site. Each scenario is different. Please contact a Conservation Authority Planning and Development staff member to discuss options.

  7. How ​do I report a potential violation or works that may not be legal? If you would like to report a violation or what may be unlawful activity, visit lsrca.on.ca/permits/enforcement​.
If we can be of any further assistance with respect to your planning or permit applications, please do not hesitate to contact: 

Ashlea Brown – Director, Development Services a.brown@lsrca.on.ca
Dave Ruggle – Manager Planning d.rugggle@lsrca.on.ca