March Break Camp
New Dates! April 12 - 16
A fun new forest adventure everyday - only at our Spring into Scanlon March Break Camp! Spending the day outdoors at Scanlon Creek Conservation Area, campers will explore the forest, connect to nature and make new friendships and memories.
Don't miss out on the chance for your child to breathe in the fresh air as they:
- Feel the wind on their face kick-sledding through the trails
- Learn how to be a wildlife tracker by investigating tracks in the snow
- Hand-feed the chickadees who've made Scanlon Creek their home
- Experience geocaching, the modern day treasure hunt
- April 12 - 16
- Ages 6 - 10
- Program runs from 9am - 4pm
- Drop off 8:50 - 9am
- Cost: $250 per camper (Registration for all 5 days required)
Registration Opening Soon!
We recognize the critical need for children to spend time learning and playing in nature, and we're eager to provide opportunities to our local families over March Break. Please continue to check back here for updates or email any questions you may have to education@LSRCA.on.ca. Thank you for your understanding.
Follow your curiosities! Campers will lead the way for our daily activities. Some activity highlights include:
- Learn how to be a wildlife tracker - we'll teach you how to identify animal tracks, markings and scat to figure out who left these clues behind!
- Have fun and make new friends through outdoor games - can you camouflage in the forest like an animal? Can you howl like a coyote?
- Explore fun ways to use technology in nature, use iPads to create digital nature art or try your hand at geocaching - the modern day treasure hunt!
- Warm up from our outdoor adventures in the Scanlon Creek Nature Centre. There are games, crafts and animal artifacts for you to explore during camp down time.
- Feel the wind on your face as we go kick-sledding through the forest at Scanlon (weather dependent)
- Must be booked in advance. Public health directives will determine total number of campers. 1 cohort of campers will be together all week. Please note: Minimum of 20 campers required for March Break camp to run.
- To keep participants and staff members safe during COVID-19, increased safety protocols will be followed.
- This program runs rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.