The Magic of the Forest
Outdoor Nature Experience for Young Families
Spending time in nature is a great way to get your family outside, active and having fun! Together, you can experience the magic of
Scanlon Creek - uncover clues and follow a map looking for magical markings along the way - all on the hunt for the mysterious Gnomes of Scanlon Creek (shhhh - remember to keep the Gnomes a secret).
Watch in amazement as your children discover a mysterious “letter” that will kick off your adventure to learn about the features of the forest and its inhabitants, and the secret lives of Scanlon Creek’s very own Gnomes. It’s an epic adventure that memories are made of -
register now and let the magic begin!
Who is this activity for?
- Families with children ages 3 to 8 years old
How long will this experience take to complete?
- The walk is not more than 2km and will take 1-2 hours to complete depending on your pace and how long it takes you to complete activities/challenges.
What equipment will I need?
- Access to Smart device (tablet, or phone) with data
- Access to Google classroom – a link will be provided
- Printer (optional to print out resources)
How does it work?
This is an interactive, self-guided experience only available at the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area. It involves playing games, singing, scavenger hunts, and using your imagination as you walk around the Scanlon Creek property.
Using a digital map (provided in the resources) as your guide, you will look for 5 stations, each with an embedded link that will challenge you to participate in various activities and lead you to the next station.
Once registration and payment are received, you will receive a Google Classroom link to all program materials required to participate in this program, including:
- Instructional videos
- Google Slides
- Interactive Program Map
- PDFs you can access with your smart phone
What is the cost of this experience?
- $25 per download (HST included)
For more information, contact Trevor at
- Experience is designed following principles of
- Must be booked in advance.
- Available only during July and August (access expires August 28).
- Access to limited additional resources.