(Two Positions Available)
Regular, Full Time
Annual Salary: $74,017 to $86,591
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, and working with other members of the team, you will be responsible to review subdivision plans and site plans, undertake the technical review of watershed studies and assist in the operation of the flood forecasting and warning system.
What you offer:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng).
- 8 - 10 years of experience providing engineering technical support with respect to Stormwater Management for residential and commercial development.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, leadership and financial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint) and hydrologic/hydraulic models.
- A valid G class driver's license
What you will do:
- Review subdivision functional servicing reports, stormwater management reports, erosion and sediment control plans, engineering design calculations and drawings and hydrologic/hydraulic models prepared by consultants, also, comment on designs from engineering and policy standpoint.
- Assist in maintaining hydrologic and hydraulic data for use by all team members and provide technical advice to staff.
- Assist with Flood Forecasting and Warning (FFW) System, also, act as duty officer and be responsible for issuing flood bulletins when necessary.
April 2018Hours of work:
35 hour work week
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #06-2018 by 4:00 pm on Friday, March 16, 2018.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.