The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking a
1 year Contract
Salary Range: $62,507.48 - $73,125.06
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the Communications Specialist will support the communications and marketing needs of the Conservation Lands, Integrated Watershed Management and Planning and Regulations Divisions.
What you offer:
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in similar role with knowledge of Conservation Authority programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, FTP (File Transfer Protocol software) and social media applications (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Proficiency in the creation of accessible documents as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (ADOA).
- Understanding of print production and procurement processes.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication coupled with strong proof reading and editing skills.
- Effective project planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and event coordination.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills and the ability to work independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience in video filming, editing and photography an asset.
- Knowledge of the Lake Simcoe Watershed an asset.
What you will do:
- Provide communication and marketing advice and service to client departments.
- Develop, design and implement communications and marketing plans/ programs/ campaigns and associated materials.
- Coordinate and deliver corporate events including annual conservation awards ceremony.
- Assist with researching, writing and executing other corporate communication products.
- Create, design and produce a variety of communications and marketing materials including; posters, flyers, brochures, event displays and signage.
- Provide planning, promotional and on-site logistics support at community events including, but not limited to; media events, tree-plantings, workshops, open houses, fairs and festivals.
- Coordinate both internal and external resource support for media relations, web and social media, print production, photography and other applicable tactics.
- Evaluate the success of the communications and marketing plan and make recommendations for ongoing communications activities.
Start Date: September 2017
Hours of work: (8:30 - 4:30) 35 hour work week with occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #19-2017, by 4:00 pm on July 17, 2017 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.