Restoration Project Specialist
Full time, Bradford, Ontario
Salary Range: $63,663.87 - $74,477.87
The Restoration Project Specialist is responsible for leading and delivering restoration programming within a defined program area or geographic region of the Lake Simcoe watershed. This involves providing outreach and technical advice and project support to the watershed community, while working collaboratively and building partnerships with LSRCA staff, other ENGO's, government agencies and interest groups to facilitate project implementation.
What you will do:
- Administer the LSRCA's Restoration Funding Programs, including:
- responding to applicant inquiries;
- assisting applicants with application development;
- undertaking grant application review;
- maintaining client paper files and electronic information in the database;
- making project overview presentations to the Project Grant Review Committee; and
- processing landowner reimbursements.
- Develop and assist with the implementation of restoration projects to address water quality and natural heritage targets, and that they proceed to completion. This may include;
- coordination of project design;
- project budget development;
- grant application development;
- acquisition of required permits, equipment and materials; and
- scheduling and completion.
- Participate in stewardship program development and review collaboratively with departmental staff.
- Collaborate with Watershed Restoration Services and Communications Department staff to promote restoration programs in a variety of ways, including;
- development of promotional media and communication materials;
- provision of topical workshops;
- direct contact with landowners; and
- developing cross-promotional activities/opportunities within LSRCA and with external contacts.
- Ensure that restoration project funding assigned to delivery area is managed and assigned appropriately to environmental projects in accordance with program and organizational policies, and develop corresponding expenditure and budget reports for internal and external funding partners.
- Develop grant applications for submission to external programs to leverage restoration project budgets in order to implement specific environmentally beneficial projects.
- Represent the LSRCA in a technical advisory capacity on local stakeholder councils, committees or working groups as required.
- Provide support to other restoration staff as required.
What you offer:
- A University degree in one or more of the following majors: geography, environmental science, water resources, environmental engineering/technology, agriculture or forestry sciences, environmental restoration, wildlife biology or ecology.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills combined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- On occasion, field work is required in all weather conditions over a variety of terrains.
- Valid G class driver's license is required and experience driving a full sized pick-up truck with trailer is an asset.
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #18-2018, by 4:00 pm on November 13, 2018 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.