The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking a
Full time, Newmarket, Ontario
Salary Range: $68,098.53 - $79,666.22
As part of the LSRCA's Planning and Development team, reporting to the Manager, Planning, you will process applications for consent and minor variance under
The Planning Act, and provide planning knowledge and expertise to a range of planning and development related initiatives in order to protect the LSRCA's interests.
What you will do:
- Review and provide comments on applications under The Planning Act for consent and minor variance applications.
- Respond to general/real estate inquires.
- Assist Development Planners with processing Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Site Plan and Subdivision applications.
- Formulate written responses to applications.
- Monitor EBR Postings for policy and/or land use proposals that may affect the interests of the Conservation Authority.
- Assist the Manager and Development Planners in the review of policy oriented documents such as Official Plans and Secondary Plans and other projects.
- Assist Development Planners with preparation of pre-consultation comments and attend municipal pre-consultation meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
What qualifications you possess:
- University Degree in Planning, or related discipline.
- 1 year related experience.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in OPPI/CIP is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation plans and regulations, and familiarity and understanding of planning and development related processes.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship building and public service skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and strong analytical, decision and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, report writing and project management skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment in everyday work and handle private and confidential information with diplomacy.
- Proficient in the operation and use of GIS software and MS Office Suite products including database programs.
- Must possess a valid Class “G" Driver's License.
Hours of Work: 35 hours a week, Monday thru Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing
Competition #17-2018, by 4:00 pm on November 13, 2018 to
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.