Water Resources Analyst
Regular, Full Time
Virtual until we re-open our office in Newmarket, Ontario
Annual Salary: $74,833 to $87,551
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, you will support the Water Resources Engineers to revise, update, document and track hydrologic and hydraulic watershed models. You will provide technical support to colleagues in locating and tracking regulatory floodplain mapping information and support in the use of the hazard mapping system. You will also support the engineering review team to complete technical reviews of engineering stormwater management reports, plans and models and complete reviews of Lake Simcoe Phosphorus Offsetting submissions.
What you offer
- A Bachelor of Science Degree with a focus on Civil, Environmental or Water Resources Engineering.
- Professional Engineer License (P. Eng.) or eligible to obtain P. Eng.
- 4 years of engineering experience including hydraulic/hydrologic modelling, functional and detailed design of Stormwater management plans, and design of Erosion and Sediment control plans.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and SharePoint), CAD and GIS/ArcView software and Visual Otthymo software suite (hydrologic/hydraulic programs).
- Knowledge of the Conservation Authorities Act, Lake Simcoe Protection Act, MNRF Technical Guidelines, and MOECP SWM Design Manual.
- A valid G class driver's license.
What you will do
- Support the review of development proposals, permit applications, hydrologic and hydraulic models as submitted by consultants, municipalities and implementing departments within LSRCA.
- Pre-screen stormwater management applications and review Lake Simcoe Phosphorus Offsetting submissions.
- Assist in the review of cut and fill analysis in relation to floodplain and provide comments and recommendations towards resolving outstanding comments with proponents in support of Authority permit approvals.
- Support the revision, update, calibration, documentation and tracking of watershed hydraulic and hydrologic models in support of the Authority's floodplain mapping system.
- Assist with the development of new hydrologic and hydraulic models to support implementation of floodplain mapping system.
- Locate and prepare hydrologic and hydraulic reports and forensic information in support of engineering data requests.
- Respond to, advise and support Planning and Development staff on specific floodplain elevations and velocities related to permit applications or development proposals.
- Support the update of Authority watershed hazard and floodplain mapping layers and database information annually.
- On a rotational basis, act as flood duty officer responsible for monitoring and recording watershed and weather conditions and update the flood forecast model.
- Issue flood bulletins to provide warnings of anticipated or actual flood conditions in support of the emergency response system.
- Support updates to the Flood Contingency Plan and Flood Operations Manual.
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority's Human Resources, referencing Competition #20-2021, by 4:00 pm on June 27, 2021 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.