Summer Contract Position
Wage Range: $17.53 - $21.92
Reporting to the Watershed Restoration Program Coordinator, the Stewardship Assistant will be providing support to Watershed Restoration Services.
What you will do:
- Assist with the delivery of LSRCA programs including participation in public events.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of environmental restoration projects. This may include light manual labour.
- Work closer with Watershed Restoration Services on invasive species management.
What you will offer:
- A minimum of 1 year Post-secondary education in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related discipline with related experience.
- Applicants must have been in school within the past 6 months.
- A keen interest in environmental protection and restoration.
- Confidence with MS Office Suite. Knowledge of MS Access database is an asset.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to relay technical information in common language.
- Ability to deal with clients in a positive, respectful and professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidence in engaging in public outreach to promote the environmental stewardship program.
- A valid Class G driver's license.
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Possible weekend and evening work if required
Start Date: June 10, 2019
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #11-2019, by 4:00 pm on April 22, 2019 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.