Sr. Administrative Assistant, Conservation Lands and Integrated Watershed Management
Regular, Full Time
Annual Salary: $60,319 to $70,569
Reporting to the General Managers (GM's) of Conservation Lands and Integrated Watershed Management divisions you will provide senior level administrative support to a team of Managers and Coordinators within various departments in the two divisions. The Conservation Lands division includes our outdoor education program, conservation area management and maintenance, forest management and afforestation, and facility and asset maintenance. The Integrated Watershed Management division provides innovative science-based solutions to protect and improve the health of Lake Simcoe and its watershed. The Division includes our science and research, watershed planning, climate change and source water protection programs.
What you offer
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration or similar.
- 5 years in administrative function supporting managers and senior leaders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion when working with confidential information.
- Ability to edit, format, and convert documents to comply with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act regulations.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Publisher, and Teams) and Adobe.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with the ability to change priorities seamlessly throughout the day.
- Strong attention to detail and professional communication skills (oral and written)
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to take accurate and complete meeting minutes.
- Ability to adapt and understand technical information associated with special projects.
- A valid G class driver's license.
What you will do
General Support (Both Divisions)
- Welcome visitors to the building, ensure sign in protocols are adhered to and inform staff of visitors.
- Receive deliveries, couriers and order/receive office and kitchen supplies.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings; develop agendas and produce concise meeting minutes when necessary. Provide correct event and meeting materials in a timely manner.
- Format, edit, and convert documents, reports, presentations, and articles to ensure compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act regulations.
- Assist with scheduling, travel arrangements and creating, editing, tracking and circulation of correspondence.
- Screen general inquires received and respond or circulate to appropriate staff.
- Participate on applicable committees (Administrative Assistant's Team, Records Management Committee etc.)
- Coordinate the transfer of physical documents and files between the Authority's two offices.
- Support financial document management, including preparation of purchase orders, and quotation summary sheets, circulation of accounting items and circulate to the applicable departments.
- Track and process divisional/departmental management expenses.
- Support the development and maintenance of efficient records management system for all division files, both electronic and hard copies.
- Populate Conservation Areas activities calendar with relevant programming and liaise with applicable departments to ensure facilities are prepared.
- Respond to inquiries for site bookings.
- Prepare special use permits, including the collection and review of applications, insurance documents and other materials as required.
- Process and track service agreements and community program payments.
- Responsible for managing the school level bookings process for the Education department.
Integrated Watershed Management
- Provide support to the scheduling, planning and delivery of workshops, consultation sessions and other events.
- Assist the GMs, managers and staff administer contracts, agreements & MOUs. Includes tracking, filing, signing and records management procedures.
- Responsible for all administrative matters related to coordinating Source Water Protection program committee meetings including scheduling, attendance, facility booking, agenda packages and minutes.
Expected end of September but subject to office re-opening.
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority's Human Resources, referencing Competition #13-2021, by 4:00 pm on August 6, 2021, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.