Regular, Full Time
Annual Salary: $80,202.90 - $93,824.42
Reporting to the Manager, Planning, the Planner II will provide an intermediate level of planning, knowledge, advice, and expertise regarding Planning Act applications in accordance with the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority mandated provincial responsibilities within the Lake Simcoe Watershed.
What you will do
- Review, coordinate and provide comments on applications under the Planning Act, including site specific official plan and zoning by-law amendments, consents and minor variance applications, site plans and plans of subdivision and condominium.
- Assist the Manager in the review of policy-oriented documents such as Official Plans and Secondary Plans.
- Coordinate, lead and facilitate discussions and meetings with internal staff and external contacts (e.g., Municipal staff and consultants).
- Review and provide comments on undertakings under the Environmental Assessment (EA) Act and assist the Manager with major EA proposals.
- Facilitate application circulation to technical staff; interpret and integrate staff comments into coherent and consistent correspondence reflecting the interests of the Conservation Authority.
- Attend on-site meetings with internal staff and external contacts.
- Attend Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) hearings on behalf of the Conservation Authority.
- Implement service agreements with member municipalities and represent the Conservation Authority in meetings with clients such as developers and municipal partners.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
What you offer
- University Degree in Planning, Geography, Environmental Science, Resource Management or related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Registered Professional Planner designation and membership in the Ontario Provincial Planners Institute (OPPI).
- Knowledge of relevant legislation plans and regulations including but not limited to the Provincial Policy Statement, Places to Grow, the Greenbelt Plan, the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, and the Conservation Authorities Act and a solid understanding of planning and development related processes.
- General knowledge of the role of the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority in the broader municipal and provincial planning context.
- Tribunal experience an asset.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities using a solutions-oriented approach; strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work independently and with an interdisciplinary team in a fast paced, demanding, and high volume work environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, relationship building and public service skills.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, report writing and project management skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment in everyday work and handle private and confidential information with diplomacy.
- Proficient in the operation and use of GIS software and MS Office Suite products including database programs.
- Must possess a valid Class “G" Driver's License.
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Currently, this position is eligible to apply for hybrid work.
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Conservation Authority's Human Resources department, referencing Competition #22-2022, by 4:00 pm on September 23, 2022, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.