Seasonal contract position (April to August)
Based at Scanlon Creek Conservation Area (Bradford-West Gwillimbury), Ontario
Wage Range $22.62 – $28.65 per hour
Working with LSRCA's team of educators, the role of the Instructor is the delivery of education programs to school, community groups and camp groups at the Scanlon Creek Nature Centre and throughout the Lake Simcoe watershed. This position reports directly to the Manager, Education.
What you offer:
- Post-secondary education in Natural Sciences, Outdoor Recreation, Education, Environmental Studies or related discipline(s)
- Scheduling flexibility and availability
- Demonstrated experience leading environmental and/or outdoor education programs to children and youth in a school and/or community setting
- Working knowledge of the provincial education curriculum
- Ability to apply different teaching methodologies and adapt program instruction to meet different learning needs
- Strong verbal communication, interpersonal skills and group management skills.
- Solid customer service skills
- Valid Class G driver's license and daily access to a vehicle
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Current and clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Assets to be considered:
- Member in good standing, Ontario College of Teachers
- Proficiency in a second language
- Experience in adult education instruction
What you will do:
- Lead, co-lead and support group program instruction as assigned
- Daily pre-visit preparation of required teaching aids, supplies, materials and equipment
- Daily post-visit clean-up, including replenishment of supplies and materials, and maintenance/repair of teaching aids and equipment
- Provide excellent client support and service, including assistance with administrative tasks
- Contribute to program review, improvements and development, including risk assessment and management, as required
- Ensure full understanding and compliance with LSRCA's site/program standard operating procedures
- Ensure the health and safety of staff and program participants at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Start Date: April 2020
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/week (5 days/week)
You will work 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with some evening and/or weekend work, as required.
Scheduling will be based on operational requirements and determined on a week-to-week basis.
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #07-2020, by 4:00 pm on February 21, 2020.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.