Job Posting: Human Resources Generalist
14 Month Contract
Hourly Rate: $34.34 to $40.18
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources the HR Generalist is responsible to provide HR services and support to the staff of the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) in the following areas: time and attendance, recruitment, HRIS, compensation, benefits administration, performance management, training and development and employee relations.
What you offer:
- A Bachelor's Degree and post-graduate certificate/diploma in Human Resources Management.
- CHRL designation achieved or in progress (CHRP).
- Three to five years of progressive HR Generalist experience.
- Familiarity with applicable HR legislation (Employment Standards Act, AODA, Canada Labour Code, and Human Rights Code).
- Strong analytical and time management skills to research legislative issues and work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external clients and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and written abilities are required.
- Applicants must have a solid background in the use of HRIS and Time & Attendance Systems
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, and Outlook).
- Previous experience with payroll considered an asset.
- A valid G class driver's license.
What you will do:
- Responsible for conducting full cycle recruitment including creation of job ads, screening of resumes, developing interview questions, interviewing, reference checks and preparing and presenting offer letters.
- Conduct new hire orientation for all incoming staff.
- Provide functional advice and council to employees and management on HR related matters.
- Track, maintain and report on employee accumulation and usage of overtime, vacation and sick time. Set up and maintain employees on internal Time and Attendance system.
- Create and distribute bi-monthly time and attendance reports to management.
- Assist with the administration of the benefit programs for LSRCA (health, dental and pension) including orientation, enrollment, termination, employee inquiries and the short term disability program.
- Administer the annual performance review process (create template, troubleshoot issues and guide staff on process).
- Monitor HR training and development related expenditures, enroll staff in training programs as required and provide training reports to managers quarterly.
- Create new employee files in Ceridian (HRIS) and maintain data (personal information, training, certification etc.)
- Create, update and maintain job descriptions and HR policies and procedures.
- Prepare compensation letters for employees and update payroll system with changes as needed.
- Create and maintain reports on employee metrics.
- Maintain HR filing system.
- Assist the HR Manager with HR related initiatives including researching trends and/or legislation changes, collecting industry related information and report findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Mid-August 2017
Hours of work: 35 hour work week
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #18-2017 by 4:00 pm on Friday, July 14, 2017.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability-related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.