General Manager, Integrated Watershed Management
Regular, Full time
Salary Range: $124,615.92 to $145,792.23
The General Manager, Integrated Watershed Management (IWM) is responsible for the leadership, strategic direction, and day to day operations of the Integrated Watershed division. The division is comprised of the Environmental Science and Monitoring department, inclusive of the innovation and sustainable development program, and the Watershed Plans and Strategies department.
What you will do
- Provide strategic direction for the IWM Division in response to current and projected internal and external factors.
- Oversee the divisional programs including annual work planning, resourcing, and budget preparation while striving to improve operational efficiencies and accountabilities.
- Develop funding proposals for submission to funding partners, establish legally binding agreements and fulfill the terms of the agreements.
- Develop business cases, obtain corporate support, and undertake all project management including program scoping, scheduling, budget management, internal and external communication.
- Liaise with member municipalities, government agencies, Source Protection Authorities and Regions, clients, and other stakeholders to facilitate the delivery, outcome, and promotion of departmental programs.
- Prepare reports and make presentations for consideration by the Conservation Authority's Board of Directors pertaining to issues arising within the division.
- Manage human resources related needs for divisional employees including coaching and mentoring, recruitment, performance management, time and attendance etc.
- As an Executive Leadership Team (ELT) member, provide input on corporate initiatives such as policy and procedure development, strategic planning, and the delivery of cross divisional/departmental programming.
- Assume the role of Acting Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) as and when requested by the CAO.
What you offer
- A MSc. in Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years related job and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of, and research experience assessing and recommending applications of various technologies such as stormwater and energy to support improvements in achieving watershed health.
- Strong project and time management, strategic planning, business and financial management and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring, communication, facilitation, negotiation, analytical, problem-solving and relationship building.
- Knowledge of the following Provincial legislations/guidelines:
- Stormwater, Low Impact Development and Recharge Area Guidelines
- Lake Simcoe Protection Act and Plan, Source Water Protection Plan, Oak Ridges Moraine Act, Clean Water Act, Renewable Energy Act, Consumer Protection Act
- Municipal Official Plans, Bylaws and Policies i.e. Site Alteration By-laws
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the
- Employment Standards Act, 2000.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office applications and GIS.
- A valid G class driver's license.
Hours of Work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority's Human Resources Department, referencing Competition #13-2022, by 4:00 pm on June 13, 2022, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.