11 Month Contract
Hourly Rate: $29.83 - $34.90
Reporting to the GIS Coordinator, and working with other members of the team, you will be responsible for assisting in the capture and maintenance of the Authority's geospatial data and metadata, creation of models and databases, production of cartographic products and reports, and assist in the implementation of GIS applications.
What you offer:
What you will do:
- A Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS or a related field.
- An advanced diploma in GIS.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Knowledge of GIS best practices and the ability to problem solve and manage projects.
- Solid understanding and application of GIS concepts such as projections, spatial operations and database fundamentals.
- Excellent comprehension of GIS layers in the database along with their limitations and applications
- Strong attention to detail, technical expertise and communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of ArcGIS Suite of mapping software, Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat, GPS units and hydraulic modelling programs (HEC-RAS).
- Create new GIS spatial data layers from airphoto interpretation, field data and data from other departments/outside agencies.
- Update and maintain existing GIS layers (i.e. wetlands, roads, watersheds, land cover, etc.
- Edit or create layers of data through digitization, georeferencing and modelling.
- Create and update metadata for GIS data layers.
- Determine how to analyze spatial relationships including adjacency, containment and proximity.
- Create cartographic products, using a variety of layers, as required.
Start Date: April 2020
Hours of work: 35 hour work week
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #04-2020 by 4:00 pm on March 23, 2020
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regard to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.