Field Operations Assistant
Hourly Wage Range: $16.11 to $20.14
Location: Bradford, Ontario
Reporting directly to the Manager, Forestry and Greenspace Services, the successful candidate will assist the Field Operations team in providing support for the maintenance of The Authority's conservation areas and facilities.
What you offer
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in Parks and Recreation, Forestry, Resource Management or related discipline.
- 1-year related experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
- General mechanical aptitude and ability.
- General experience, aptitude and ability with general construction activities.
- Experience in the operation of a variety of mechanical equipment such as riding and push lawn mowers, string trimmers, chainsaws, woodchippers, RTV, and tractors.
- Experience in the operation of a variety of hand and power tools including drills, saws, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. of weight.
- Valid Class "G" Ontario driver's license required; experience with driving larger vehicles (pickups) and towing trailers required.
- Valid Emergency First Aid/CRP.
- Chainsaw Certification an asset.
What you will do
- Assist with maintenance, repairs and general upkeep of conservation properties including landscaping, hazard tree management, garbage collection, cleaning and painting.
- Assist with maintenance of conservation area infrastructure including roads, trail systems, washrooms, kiosks, boardwalks, etc.
- Assist with maintenance, repairs and upkeep of Conservation Authority facilities including buildings and mechanical systems.
- Assist with maintenance, repairs and general upkeep of fleet vehicles and equipment.
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm (30-minute unpaid lunch), with occasional evenings and weekends
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources Department, referencing Competition #22-2021, by 4:00 pm on Friday, July 9, 2021, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.