The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking several motivated individuals for the position of
Conservation Areas Assistants
Fall 2020 Contract
Bradford, Ontario and Durham Region, Ontario
Wage Range: $15.95 - $19.94
Reporting to the Manager, Forestry & Greenspace Services, the Conservation Areas Assistants will support a variety of conservation area related operations and maintenance tasks, with a specific focus on Scanlon Creek Conservation Area and Durham Regional Forest.
What you offer
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in Parks and Recreation, Forestry, Resource Management, or related discipline.
- Experience working outdoors with a variety of hand and power tools (mowers, grass trimmers, pruners, etc.)
- Experience working with the public.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimum supervision.
- Ability to operate vehicles / lawn cutting equipment / and various park related equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. of weight.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Class "G" Ontario driver's license required
- Green Patch safety boots
- Driver's abstract required (condition of employment).
What you will do
- Assist with conservation area maintenance program including picnic pavilion cleaning and maintenance, garbage and recycling collection, public washroom cleaning and maintenance, trail inspections and maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Routine landscaping including grass cutting and trimming, assist with hazard tree removal, trail maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare picnic and camping sites based on requirements of day use permits and monitor adherence to site reservations.
- Provide services and information to Conservation Area visitors.
Hours of Work: 8:00am to 3:30pm (30-minute unpaid lunch)
Start Date: October 2020
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #18-2020, by 4:00 pm on September 23, 2020.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regard to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.