Regular, Full Time
Annual Salary: $67,726.04 - $79,249.01
Reporting to the Director, Communication and Community Engagement the Communication Specialist is responsible for ensuring high-quality communication and marketing products and services are delivered on behalf of assigned internal clients to support the achievement of department and corporate goals. Key responsibilities include functional advice and counsel, development and implementation of appropriate and impactful communications and marketing tactics and products and digital content support.
What you offer
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Media Arts or Media Studies, or a combination or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Strong writing skills for print and digital publications as well as for the web
- Talent and flair for writing and developing creative content for all social media platforms as well as demonstrated understanding of when, why, and how to use them to advance business and communications goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current social media trends and the ability to anticipate and identify future trends.
- Ability to develop creative concepts, storyboard, film and edit videos.
- Strong graphic design skills for creating content for print and digital platforms.
- Knowledge of and ability to meet accessibility compliance with digital documents (AODA requirements).
- Strong knowledge of photography, specifically, taking photos, editing, colour correcting and optimizing for digital platforms.
- Ability to edit websites and post, schedule, track and evaluate social media and marketing/communications campaigns.
- Knowledge of and ability to create documents that meet all requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite, Outlook, and Teams).
- A valid G class driver's license.
What you will do
- Lead consultation with internal client departments/project teams to enable effective communications planning during program/project development, to determine goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Lead and facilitate meetings to identify target audience and determine strategies to reach audiences, drawing on available research or conducting new research.
- Develop key program/project messages, ensuring plain and appropriate audience language and compliance with legislated accessibility requirements.
- Research, write, edit, and proofread, a variety of materials including print and digital content (ex. Blogs, articles, newsletters, promotional materials).
- Write and develop creative content for social media platforms.
- Monitor current social media trends and anticipate and identify future trends.
- Create and optimize graphics and photos, provide video conceptualizing, filming, editing and search engine optimization.
- Recommend effective indicators/evaluation framework and monitor and evaluate the success of print and digital content and campaigns.
- Develop and contribute content for quarterly external newsletter and bi-weekly internal newsletter.
- Pursue and coordinate opportunities to promote department programs/projects at community and professional events throughout the watershed.
- Ensure adherence to corporate branding and logo guidelines and legislative requirements (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Hours of Work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the attention of Human Resources, referencing Competition #11-2022, by 4:00 pm on May 15, 2022, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.