Administrative Assistant, Engineering and Planning
Regular, Full Time, Newmarket Office
Salary Range: $50,279.99 - $58,821.05
To provide administrative assistance and support to the Managers of Engineering and Planning in addition to supporting the administrative needs of other members within the departments. You will also provide back-up reception coverage.
What you will do:
- Provide administrative support to the Managers including scheduling meetings, preparing correspondence, reports, statistical data, presentations and business expenses.
- Provide administrative support to the Departments including, but not limited to, agenda preparation and distribution of meeting notes, filing, archiving and records management.
- Provide support for the Flood Management Program including scheduling meetings and training, contacting agencies, maintain manuals and contact lists.
- Coordinate and maintain the records management system for the Planning and Engineering departments.
- Work with technical staff to maintain and input data into the Information Management System (IMS) Database on SharePoint. Provide training to staff on protocols and IMS information.
- Produce correspondence, permits, property information requests and site clearances as needed.
- Backup the Freedom of Information (FOI) coordinator with requests and training.
- Provide back-up to the Administrative Assistant, Enforcement and Administrative Assistant, Regulations, as well as reception as needed.
- Other administrative tasks and duties as required.
What you will offer:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related field, with a minimum of two years related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and SharePoint.
- Reception/switchboard experience an asset.
- Effective organizational, time management and decision making skills with strong attention to detail in combination with exceptional customer service skills and a positive working attitude
- The ability to prepare agendas, record, transcribe and distribute departmental meeting notes, an asset.
Hours of Work: 35, Monday thru Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Start Date: February 2019
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing competition #01-2019, by 4:00 pm on Monday, January 21, 2019.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.