Hourly Rate: $17.84 - $22.30
Reporting to the Manager, Restoration Services, the Stewardship Assistant will be providing support to Restoration Services.
What you offer
- A minimum of 1-year Post-secondary education in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related discipline with related experience.
- A keen interest in environmental protection and restoration.
- Confidence with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Microsoft Access database is an asset.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to relay technical information in common language.
- Ability to deal with clients in a positive, respectful and professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidence in engaging in public outreach to promote the environmental stewardship program.
- A valid Class G driver's license.
What you will do
- Assist with the delivery of the Authority's programs including participation in public events.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of environmental restoration projects. This may include light manual labour.
Hours of work
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Possible weekend and evening work if required
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority's Human Resources, referencing Competition #10-2021, by 4:00 pm on March 8, 2021 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.