Job Posting: General Manager, Corporate and Financial Services
Full time, Newmarket, Ontario
Salary Range: $108,383 - $126,792
Reporting to the CAO, the General Manager, Corporate and Financial Services is responsible for providing business leadership, planning and supporting the strategic positioning of the organization for the Corporate and Financial Services (C&FS) Division. This position is also responsible for providing oversight and support to the C&FS Division through the respective Managers of Finance, Budget and Business Analysis and Geographic Information System/Information Technology (GIS/IT).
What you offer:
- A 4 year university bachelor's degree in Business and/or Accounting/Finance.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA).
- 10 to 12 years' of experience in business, finance and computer networks.
- Leadership experience with respect to coaching, conflict resolution, negotiation, performance and project management.
- Strong time management, budget management, sound judgment, problem solving and decision making skills are required.
- Experience interacting with clients, stakeholders, senior staff and elected officials.
- Both public and private sector experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Valid G class drivers' license.
What you will do:
- Responsible for assisting in developing and implementing strategic plans, policies and procedures for the Division, in consultation with the CAO and Executive Management Team as well as forecasting future trends and preparing appropriate business plans to adapt to changes in the business environment.
- Responsible for providing direction to the Managers of GIS/IT, Finance and Budget and Business Analysis, and for administrative support staff. Specific duties include performance management, establishing reporting procedures, benchmarking work plans and significant programs/projects in order to provide updates to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
- Responsible for fiscal responsibility, cost saving and revenue production and to ensure that the Division achieves fiscal work plan targets.
- Responsible for overseeing the general operations of the Division including annual work planning, budget preparation and the review of budget reports to ensure programs are proceeding on time and within projected costs.
- Responsible for service delivery by directing the C & FS Division including the undertaking of resource needs assessments, reviewing and updating business/operational processes and establishing standards in relation to Service Delivery.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports for CAO approval and the provision of information to the Board of Directors and to act as liaison with member municipalities, government agencies, clients and other stakeholders to facilitate the delivery and promotion of Divisional programs/services.
- Sit on the Executive Management Team to collaboratively develop and execute corporate priorities.
- Lead the Full Management Team through the annual budget process and business plans for the organization.
- Liaise with municipal funding partners in the annual budget process for determination of Levy funding. Develop and present the annual budget assumptions to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Identify and highlight program priorities and position funding requests, as well as preparing and presenting program and related funding proposals to funding partners.
- Provide monthly Financial Reports to the LSRCA Board of Directors and report on the Annual Budget Development three times a year.
- Responsible for providing oversight regarding the appropriate insurance coverage (i.e. property, crime, automobile, compensation, boiler and machinery).
- Responsible for acting as Freedom of Information (FOI) Coordinator for the LSRCA, appointed by the Board, under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and the Federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and approve FOI request documents.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the CAO.
- May assume the role of acting CAO in the CAO's absence.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of work: 35 hour work week
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #15-2017, by 4:00 pm on Friday, June 16, 2017.
LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), LSRCA will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted in regards to this competition and you require disability – related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.