Forest School at Scanlon Creek
We're pleased to offer outdoor learning opportunities for children aged 5 – 10 years old at the Scanlon Creek Forest School. These sessions will promote healthy development in a stimulating learning environment with enhanced opportunities for free play.
Children will be encouraged to take appropriate risks while fostering social skills and peer-group relations. They will also have the opportunity to nurture their connection to the natural world while exploring the Scanlon Creek forest with curiosity-driven curriculum in a variety of experiential and hands-on learning experiences.
Our spring session will run from April 24 - May 15 on Wednesday afternoons from 1 - 3:30pm. The cost for the session is $65 per participant. Registration closes April 22 at 4pm.
Registration for the spring session is now closed.
- Sessions must be booked in advance.
- Minimum registration of 10 participants must be met for the program to run.
- Parents are welcome to attend and participate. You may also enjoy dropping off your children and taking a self-guided walk on our trails while your child participates in the program.
- Children under 5 are welcome to attend with their older registered siblings for free, however parents are responsible for their younger children and must be willing to remove them from the program if they become disruptive.
- This program runs rain or shine. Please dress accordingly. In the event of extreme weather, the program will be modified to indoor activities for the session. There are no refunds for missed sessions due to weather.