Forest School at Scanlon Creek
We're pleased to offer outdoor learning opportunities for children aged 5 – 10 years old at the Scanlon Creek Forest School.
Our vision is for each child to develop a sense of belonging in nature through opportunities to play and learn in Scanlon Creek's forests, meadows and wetlands, with an educator who understands the power of play and child-directed, hands-on learning. Our belief is that these experiences foster a deeper connection to the land and ignite an ethic of care for the future.
Our next Forest School session will run in the Spring. Join our email list or check back in January for more information.
- Sessions must be booked in advance.
- Minimum registration of 10 participants must be met for the program to run.
- Parents are welcome to attend and participate. You may also enjoy dropping off your children and taking a self-guided walk on our trails while your child participates in the program.
- Children under 5 are welcome to attend with their older registered siblings for free, however parents are responsible for their younger children and must be willing to remove them from the program if they become disruptive.
- This program runs rain or shine. Please dress accordingly. In the event of extreme weather, the program will be modified to indoor activities for the session. There are no refunds for missed sessions due to weather.