Forest School at Scanlon Creek
Real Life – Real Learning – Real Connections
Every day brings something new as children aged 4 to 10 years old guide daily activities with their interests and curiosities.
Each session is filled with wonder as children explore, build and play in Scanlon Creek’s forests, meadows and wetlands. They experience hands-on and child-directed learning that is unhurried and supported as we explore the natural world together.
Will we examine animal tracks? Explore the critters in the pond? Investigate insects in the meadow? Each week is a new adventure!
Give your child a new adventure every week with the freedom to explore and learn about the natural world.
2021 Fall Session
October 4 to November 3
(5 week pro-rated session)
- Ages 4 – 6 years old
- 9 am to 11:30 am
- Monday and Wednesday mornings
- Ages 7 – 10 years old
- 1 pm – 3:30 pm
- Monday and Wednesday afternoons
Price per child: $180 per session
Registration closes September 29 or once maximum registrations received. For more information, contact education@LSRCA.on.ca.
- Sessions designed following principles of Forest School
- Sessions will not be held on Monday, October 11 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Sessions must be booked in advance
- Morning Session (Ages 4 – 6 years old) - maximum 10 participants
- Afternoon Session (Ages 7 – 10 years old) – maximum 16 participants.
- Parents must drop off children for the duration of the program. Siblings and parents may no longer attend sessions. To keep participants and staff members safe during COVID-19, increased safety protocols will be followed.
- This program runs rain or shine. Please dress accordingly. In the event of extreme weather, program staff will reach out to families in advance with an alternate plan, in consideration of current public health guidelines.
- There are no refunds for missed sessions due to weather.