COVID-19 Protocols for Parents
In consultation with the
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, the following protocols and procedures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all participants and staff.
If you think you might be sick:
Families are encouraged to use the
screening tool from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and follow the recommendations for isolation and testing as necessary.
How are we helping keep you safe?
- Families will be required to socially distance from one another during participant drop-off, to ensure minimal contact.
- All participants will be required to answer our pre-screening questions during drop-off for each day of the forest school session.
- Each participant will be required to wash their hands at a designated hand washing station before entering our Forest School space at the Discovery Play Garden.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to remain on site during forest school programming (parents/guardians can remain in
Scanlon Creek Conservation Area, but are not permitted to remain with our group during programming)
- The Forest School program will have exclusive use of the Discovery Play Garden at Scanlon Creek during program. Community members and visitors to the conservation area will not be allowed to use this space during our programs.
- Hand washing will be required at designated times throughout the programming.
- Washrooms will be available to participants, and staff members will sanitize before and after each use as needed.
- As this is an entirely outdoor program, participants are NOT required to wear masks but are free to do so if they wish.
- Materials will be sanitized as needed during free play, as well as in-between Forest School sessions.
- Participants will be encouraged and reminded to leave space between themselves and other participants during all Forest School activities, as best as we can.
- Group ratios will remain at 1:4 for our 4-6 year old participants and 1:6 for our 7-10 year old participants to ensure the safety of all.
- Participants will be signed out by the Forest School staff and released to authorized individuals.
- Government Issued identification may be required for verification purposes before a participant is released to a parent or authorized individual.
- If someone other than the authorized individuals identified during registration will be picking up your child, please notify the Forest School Staff at drop-off.
- Participants will be required to wash their hands before they are released to their parent or guardian using the handwashing station provided.
- Families will be required to socially distance from one another during participant pick-up, to ensure minimal contact.
If a child is suspected of illness (any illness whether COVID-19 related or otherwise):
- The child will be isolated, and parents or guardians will be contacted to organize pick-up. The child will be excluded from programming and asked to be tested.
- If the participant will not be tested, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit will be consulted around exclusion of the child from future sessions and the notification of other participants.
- If testing is done and the child has a negative result, they may return to programming when they are 24 hours symptom free.
In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19:
Our staff will notify the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit and follow all necessary protocols and procedures regarding notification of participants, testing, and self-isolation as directed by the Medical Officer of Health.