COVID-19 Protocols - Tree Planting Events
The following protocols and procedures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all participants and staff. We reserve the right to modify protocols and procedures based on health unit directives and changing situations.
If you think you might be sick:
Do not attend the event. Participants are encouraged to use the screening tool and follow the recommendations for isolation and testing as necessary.
How are we helping keep you safe?
Before the Event
- Shared objects like shovels will be sanitized before the event.
- Extra cleaning products will be available for volunteers to sanitize as needed.
- Volunteers are requested to arrive for the event at their allotted time.
- All volunteers are required to complete our prescreening questions when they arrive on-site.
- Volunteers will be required to physically distance (minimum 2 m) from one another during to event to ensure minimal contact.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Only registered volunteers are allowed to attend. Drop-ins will not be permitted.
During the Event
- Sanitizer and cleaning products will be available for throughout the event.
- There will be no snacks, water or facilities available to be used during the events.
- Volunteers may bring their own snacks, water and gloves if needed.
- Volunteers will be required to wear a mask and physically distance (min 2 m) from one another while planting, to ensure minimal contact.
If volunteers do not follow these COVID protocols, they will be asked to leave the event.
- Volunteers will be asked to place their used shovel in the designated area.
- All garbage and personal items must be removed from the premises.
- Leave the site promptly so the next wave of volunteers can arrive and register for their allotted planting time.
In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 after the event:
Please notify our staff, staff will notify the local health unit and follow all necessary protocols and procedures regarding notification of other volunteers.