Apply for a Funding Grant
Our grants provide landowners with funding and technical assistance for environmental projects on their land. Funding is administered by LSRCA and made possible by funding from municipal partners and the support of the York, Durham, and Simcoe chapters of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture.
Our staff will help you through the application process and make sure you're aware of all the funding programs available. Some restrictions apply. To find out how you qualify, contact a Restoration Project Specialist for more information or to book your free site visit.
- Work that proceeds prior to funding approval does not qualify for funding assistance.
- New operations, new buildings, work associated with additions to homes, or building expansions to increase herd capacity are not eligible.
- Funds are limited in each municipality. As a result, grants will be allocated on a priority basis.
- Properties are limited to a maximum of $25,000 for capital projects over the life of the program.
- Projects that must be completed due to the conditions of an outstanding violation with the LSRCA or other regulatory agency are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Decide which type of project you wish to undertake. This will determine specific project guidelines and the level of grant funding available to you.
- Download the project-specific forms/checklist and application. You may contact us to receive a complete Application Package by email or mail. Restoration Project Specialists also are available to answer your questions and provide you with information specific to your project.
- Submit your grant application package by email, mail or in person to LSRCA's Administrative Office (Newmarket). Your project will be assessed according to its contribution to improving water quality, conserving soil, or enhancing natural areas in the Lake Simcoe watershed.
- Once your project proposal has been reviewed, you will be notified whether your funding has been approved. If it is, you will be asked to proceed. Note: projects that begin before funding approval is granted may not be eligible for funding.
- It is your responsibility to obtain any permits or approvals required by government agencies prior to proceeding with the project. Failure to obtain or comply with such permits will result in non-payment of the grant. You may also require a permit from LSRCA if your property is located within a regulated area of the Lake Simcoe watershed. Look for your property using our Interactive Regulations Map.
- Notify your Restoration Project Specialist when the project is complete and all expenses have been paid. A site inspection and/or a project audit will confirm project completion. Refer to your Project Checklist (provided to you with your funding approval correspondence) to ensure all required documentation is in order. This will include copies of invoices and proof of payment, which must be submitted with your grant claim.
Following a site inspection or project audit to determine that the work has been completed to the satisfaction of the program, and once all financial claim information is received by us, your grant payment will be sent to you. Cheque processing takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks. Changes to your project design, and changes in the grant amount may delay payment.
NOTE: Maximum grant money allocated and rates are subject to change without notice.
Do you have more questions about how our funding program works? View frequently asked questions.