Stay connected with LSRCA

Subscribe to our YouTube ChannelLike us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFollow us on Instagram

Do I need a Permit?

The information that follows are general guidelines only.
Each situation is unique and subject to a number of factors that may impact the information we provide here.
We strongly advise that you contact us to discuss the specifics of your particular situation.

When you need a permit

You need a permit if you plan on doing any of the following work in a regulated area:

If you are not in a regulated area, then a permit is not needed from us. You should still contact your local municipality (and also any applicable government agency) because they may require one.

Types of Permits


The following types of work typically require a regular permit:

Application Fee: $500


Permit applications for development works that are deemed to be minor in nature. These include:

Application Fee: $150

Violation/ Retroactive

This application and fee are submitted by an owner or applicant with the intent of obtaining Authority approval for works which were completed without first obtaining a permit from the Conservation Authority. Submission of this application and payment of the required fee does not imply that Authority approval will be granted. All works must be shown to comply with Authority Watershed Development Policies prior to a permit being issued.

Application Fee: Double Permit Fee

Site Clearance

These are given in special circumstances. For details, speak with one of our representatives.