LEAP - How to Apply
- Determine the type of project you wish to undertake. This will determine specific project guidelines and the level of grant funding available to you.
- You can also contact us to get an application and program guidelines. Staff members are available to answer questions and provide information on planning your project.
- Submit your grant application to us. The application will be reviewed by a committee consisting of local representatives of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture and Conservation Authority staff. The project will be assesed according to its contribution to protecting and improving water quality in the Lake Simcoe watershed. Completed applications must be received a minimum of five (5) weeks before a LEAP Committee meeting in order to be reviewed at that meeting.
Next meeting is October 21, 2014 (Application deadline: September 16, 2014). Future meeting dates still to be determined.
- Once the project proposal has been reviewed, you will be notified whether your funding has been approved. If it is, you will be asked to proceed. Note that projects that begin before funding approval is granted may not be eligible for funding.
- It is your to obtain any permits or approvals required by government agencies prior to proceeding with the project. Failure to obtain or comply with such permits will result in non-payment of the LEAP grant.
- When the project is completed and all expenses have been paid, notify us. A site inspection and/or a project audit will confirm project completion. A checklist of documentation required to claim your grant will be provided. This will include copies of invoices and proof of payment, which must be submitted with your grant claim.
Following a site inspection or project audit to determine that the work has been completed to the satisfaction of the program, and once all financial claim information is received by us, your grant payment will be sent to you. Cheque processing takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks. Changes to your project design, and changes in the grant amount may delay payment.
NOTE: Maximum grant money allocated and rates are subject to change without notice.