The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking an
Environmental Field Technician – Fish Habitat Enhancement
November 2017 – September 2018
$16.96 per hour
LSRCA's Forestry and Stewardship Department implements a restoration program for water quality improvement, soil and water conservation and natural heritage enhancement in the Lake Simcoe Watershed.
What you offer:
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in Biology, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or a related discipline.
- Ability to navigate using a GPS unit and familiarity with GIS software.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to convey technical data in reports, summaries and oral presentations.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
- Must have a valid G class driver's license.
What you will do:
- Development, implementation and administration of restoration projects with an emphasis on fish habitat enhancement projects.
- Outreach to private landowners on components of the program.
- Assist stewardship staff with the delivery of restoration programming including community events, presentations, records management and other program components.
Hours of Work: 35, Monday thru Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Start Date: November 6th, 2017
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca, with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #20-2017, by 4:00 pm on September 1 2017.
The LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.