Job Posting: Integrated Watershed Management Technician
Regular, Full Time, Newmarket, Ontario
Salary Range: $61,281 - $71,691
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Watershed Management, you will be responsible for assisting on a wide variety of projects related to subwatershed planning in the Watershed Management Division.
What you offer:
- A Bachelor of Science degree with a specialization in Biology, Ecology or Environmental Science.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal standards, regulations and guidelines pertaining to watershed management.
- Experience in developing conservation plans, preferably as it relates to subwatershed management, climate change adaptation, or both.
- Familiarity with monitoring, analysis and reporting of surface water, ground water, terrestrial and aquatic habitats.
- Experience in working with committees made up of civil servants and members of the public
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite products and familiarity with ArcMap.
- Valid G class driver's license.
What you will do:
- Work with internal and external technical experts to assess the vulnerability of Lake Simcoe to climate change, and explore ways of increasing the resilience of the watershed and the Conservation Authority
- Work with identified external partners and internal staff to review monitoring data on watershed health, facilitate and find solutions to environmental problems, and promote implementation of activities to complete subwatershed plan recommendations.
- Assist in the review and update of LSRCA's subwatershed planning process
- Assist in completing identified activities required to progress implementation of subwatershed plan recommendations such as coordinating workshops for watershed residents and municipal staff on issues related to water quality, invasive species, salt management, climate change, etc.
- Assist in the coordination, monitoring and reporting of source water protection plan implementation and plan updates.
- Participate in and assist with meetings, workshops and public open houses.
Start Date: March 2017
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Please apply directly to email@example.com with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #01-2017 by 4:00 pm on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
The LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.