The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking an
Integrated Watershed Management Assistant
Hourly Range: $16.63 - $20.79
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Watershed Management, you will be responsible for assisting on a wide variety of projects related to watershed management and partner engagement.
What you offer:
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program related to environmental management, biology, water quality, climate change, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in research using peer-reviewed scientific literature and environmental monitoring data, and preparing results for audiences with a range of disciplinary backgrounds.
- Familiarity with the presentation of technical information to public audiences.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in watershed ecology and management.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite products.
- Valid G class driver's license.
What you will do:
- Research and compile information on potential impacts of climate change on the Lake Simcoe watershed
- Assist in monitoring wildlife passage demonstration sites
- Assist in developing and coordinating a series of workshops on various aspects of watershed planning and source water protection.
- Assist in sourcing and compiling landowner-focused educational materials related to sourcewater protection.
- Participate in and assist with meetings, workshops and public open houses.
Start Date: May 1, 2017
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #04-2017, by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
The LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.