The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (LSRCA) is seeking
Environmental Field Technicians
May 1 – August 4, 2017
$18.00 per hour
The Regional Municipality of York has a significant amount of underground infrastructure within natural hazard areas in the Lake Simcoe watershed. The Environmental Field Technicians will investigate and document conditions at specific locations with the goal of identifying infrastructure which is, or will be impacted by a natural hazard (i.e. erosion or slope failure).
What you offer:
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in Geography, Water Resources, Environmental Sciences or related discipline.
- Ability to navigate using a GPS, maps and familiarity with GIS software.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to convey technical data in reports, summaries and oral presentations.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
- Must have a valid G class driver's license.
What you will do:
- Visit locations where the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority identified hazards (wetlands, steep slopes, meanderbelts etc.) which coincide with York Region Infrastructure (gravity sanitary sewers, sanitary force mains and water mains).
- Complete documentation with respect to conditions in and around the location.
- Photograph identified hazards at the site.
- Survey specific sites where required.
- Geo reference site location for future re-visits using GPS unit.
Hours of Work: 35, Monday thru Friday (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Start Date: May 1, 2017
Please apply directly to careers@LSRCA.on.ca with a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to LSRCA's Human Resources, referencing Competition #02-2017, by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
The LSRCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all applicants for their interest in the LSRCA; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.